Good means pleasant or enjoyable.
We had a really good time together...
I know they would have a better life here...
Good means of a high quality, standard, or level.
Exercise is just as important to health as good food...
His parents wanted Raymond to have the best possible education...
If you are good at something, you are skilful and successful at doing it.
He was very good at his work...
I'm not very good at singing...
If you describe a piece of news, an action, or an effect as good, you mean that it is likely to result in benefit or success.
On balance biotechnology should be good news for developing countries...
I had the good fortune to be selected...
A good idea, reason, method, or decision is a sensible or valid one.
They thought it was a good idea to make some offenders do community service...
There is good reason to doubt this...
If you say that it is good that something should happen or good to do something, you mean it is desirable, acceptable, or right.
I think it's good that some people are going...
It is always best to choose organically grown foods if possible.
A good estimate or indication of something is an accurate one.
We have a fairly good idea of what's going on...
This is a much better indication of what a school is really like...
If you get a good deal or a good price when you buy or sell something, you receive a lot in exchange for what you give.
Whether such properties are a good deal will depend on individual situations...
The merchandise is reasonably priced and offers exceptionally good value.
If something is good for a person or organization, it benefits them.
Rain water was once considered to be good for the complexion...
Nancy chose the product because it is better for the environment.
If something is done for the good of a person or organization, it is done in order to benefit them.
Furlaud urged him to resign for the good of the country...
Victims want to see justice done not just for themselves, but for the greater good of society...
If someone or something is no good or is not any good, they are not satisfactory or are of a low standard.
If the weather's no good then I won't take any pictures...
I was never any good at maths.
If you say that doing something is no good or does not do any good, you mean that doing it is not of any use or will not bring any success.
It's no good worrying about it now...
We gave them water and kept them warm, but it didn't do any good...
Good is what is considered to be right according to moral standards or religious beliefs.
Good and evil may co-exist within one family.
Someone who is good is morally correct in their attitudes and behaviour.
The president is a good man...
For me to think I'm any better than a homeless person on the street is ridiculous.
Someone, especially a child, who is good obeys rules and instructions and behaves in a socially correct way.
The children were very good...
I'm going to be a good boy now...
Someone who is good is kind and thoughtful.
You are good to me...
Her good intentions were thwarted almost immediately...
Someone who is in a good mood is cheerful and pleasant to be with.
People were in a pretty good mood...
He exudes natural charm and good humour...
If people are good friends, they get on well together and are very close.
She and Gavin are good friends...
She's my best friend, and I really love her.
A person's good eye, arm, or leg is the one that is healthy and strong, if the other one is injured or weak.
He turned his good eye on me and laughed.
You use good to emphasize the great extent or degree of something.
We waited a good fifteen minutes...
This whole thing's got a good bit more dangerous.
You say 'Good' or 'Very good' to express pleasure, satisfaction, or agreement with something that has been said or done, especially when you are in a position of authority.
'Are you all right?' — 'I'm fine.' — 'Good. So am I.'...
Oh good, Tom's just come in...
'As good as' can be used to mean 'almost.'
His career is as good as over...
The vote as good as kills the chance of real reform.
If you do something for the common good, you do it for the benefit or advantage of everyone.
...communities working together for the common good...
Many of them placed self-interest before the common good.
If you say that something will do someone good, you mean that it will benefit them or improve them.
The outing will do me good...
It's probably done you good to get away for a few hours...
If something changes or disappears for good, it never changes back or comes back as it was before.
The days of big-time racing at Herne Hill had gone for good...
A few shots of this drug cleared up the disease for good.
People say 'Good for you' to express approval of your actions.
'He has a girl now, who he lives with.' — 'Good for him.'
If someone is good for something, you can rely on them to provide that thing.
Joe was always good for a colorful quote...
She heard her father shouting that her mother was stupid, useless, and good for nothing but her money.
庆幸的是，幸运的是（英国英语中作 it's a good job, that）
If you say it's a good thing, or in British English it's a good job ,that something is the case, you mean that it is fortunate.
It's a good thing you aren't married...
It's a good job it happened here rather than on the open road.
If you make good some damage, a loss, or a debt, you try to repair the damage, replace what has been lost, or repay the debt.
It may cost several billion roubles to make good the damage.
If someone makes good a threat or promise or makes good on it, they do what they have threatened or promised to do.
Certain that he was going to make good his threat to kill her, she lunged for the gun...
He was confident the allies would make good on their pledges.
If someone makes good, they become successful, famous, or rich.
Both men are poor boys made good.
If you say that something or someone is as good as new, you mean that they are in a very good condition or state, especially after they have been damaged or ill.
I only ever use that on special occasions so it's as good as new...
In a day or so he will be as good as new.
You use good old before the name of a person, place, or thing when you are referring to them in an affectionate way.
Good old Harry. Reliable to the end...
There is nothing wrong with good old cauliflower cheese.
If you say that someone is living the good life, you mean that they are living in comfort and luxury with few problems or worries.
1. benefit;"for your own good""what's the good of worrying?"
2. moral excellence or admirableness;"there is much good to be found in people"
3. that which is good or valuable or useful;"weigh the good against the bad""among the highest goods of all are happiness and self-realization"
1. having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified;"good news from the hospital""a good report card""when she was good she was very very good""a good knife is one good for cutting""this stump will make a good picnic table""a good check""a good joke""a good exterior paint""a good secretary""a good dress for the office"
2. having the normally expected amount;"gives full measure""gives good measure""a good mile from here"
3. morally admirable
4. deserving of esteem and respect;"all respectable companies give guarantees""ruined the family's good name"
5. promoting or enhancing well-being;"an arms limitation agreement beneficial to all countries""the beneficial effects of a temperate climate""the experience was good for her"
6. superior to the average;"in fine spirits""a fine student""made good grades""morale was good""had good weather for the parade"
7. agreeable or pleasing;"we all had a good time""good manners"
8. of moral excellence;"a genuinely good person""a just cause""an upright and respectable man""the life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous"- Frederick Douglass
9. having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude;"adept in handicrafts""an adept juggler""an expert job""a good mechanic""a practiced marksman""a proficient engineer""a lesser-known but no less skillful composer""the effect was achieved by skillful retouching"
10. thorough;"had a good workout""gave the house a good cleaning"
11. with or in a close or intimate relationship;"a good friend""my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
12. having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others;"his benevolent smile""a benevolent nature"
13. financially sound;"a good investment""a secure investment"
14. most suitable or right for a particular purpose;"a good time to plant tomatoes""the right time to act""the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
15. resulting favorably;"its a good thing that I wasn't there""it is good that you stayed""it is well that no one saw you""all's well that ends well"
16. exerting force or influence;"the law is effective immediately""a warranty good for two years""the law is already in effect (or in force)"
17. feeling healthy and free of aches and pains;"I feel good"
18. capable of pleasing;"good looks"
19. appealing to the mind;"good music""a serious book"
20. in excellent physical condition;"good teeth""I still have one good leg""a sound mind in a sound body"
21. tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health;"beneficial effects of a balanced diet""a good night's sleep""the salutary influence of pure air"
22. not forged;"a good dollar bill"
23. not left to spoil;"the meat is still good"
24. generally admired;"good taste"
1. (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well');"the children behaved well""a task well done""the party went well""he slept well""a well-argued thesis""a well-planned party""the baby can walk pretty good"
2. in a complete and thorough manner (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly');"he was soundly defeated""we beat him good"